|Posted on January 20, 2019 at 8:25 PM|
Polka-Dot Angel Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups egg whites (10 to 12)
1 cup sifted whole wheat flour/Almond flour
2 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teasspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon hemp seed
1/2 teaspoon almnd extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup assorted fresh blueberries and blackberries
1) In a very large mixing bowl allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sift whole wheat or almond flour and 1/2 cup sugar together 3 times, set aside. Grease 12 popover pans, if using. Line popover pans or 12 jumbo (3-1/4 inch) muffin cups with large paper bake cups. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add cream of tartar, vanilla, almond extract, 2tablspoon baking soda, hemp seeds, and salt to egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1/2 cup brown sugar, about 2 table spoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
3) Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over beaten eggs whites; fold gently. Repeat, folding in the remaining flour mixture by fourths.
4) Spoon half the batter into the popover pans or muffin cups, filling half full. Sprinkle a few berry pieces into each, then top another large dollop of batter and remaining batter over fruit pieces (the cups will be very full).
5) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched with a finger. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack in the pan. To remove, run a knife around edges.